Monday 2 November 2009

Shots of Character.

During Half term, I have been practicing using the programme Comic Life, unfortunately my Vista doesn't seem to like it very much and keeps crashing, this problem never occurred on the macs.

However, I have managed to take some 'introduction' shots of our main character in the title sequence, my friend kindly volunteered to do it so I took a few snaps of her looking like she is walking along, also making it seem like she is looking for something. Of course my friend isn't an A* drama student, so the shots are kind of bland, but hopefully using photoshop and also comic life, I'll be able to edit these correctly tomorrow, to make them seem more realistic and not so wooden.

As I don't have Photoshop on my desktop at home, I tried using Photobucket to edit the photographs, I have never tried this before and I highly doubt I will try again, it makes the photo seem messy and won't do what you want it to do, unlike Photoshop.

A few unedited shots:

This is an example of a shot I won't be using, my model's hoop earrings are in view which does not go with the sequence, as she is meant to represent a school girl.
Also, she is slightly smirking in this picture.


This shot is one of my favourites, it really focuses on her features and it has the effect that she is curious to what might be going on, completely relevant to our film opening- great shot for an introduction to the character.


Another photo I quite like, although her facial expression isn't really what I wanted, I find the low angle works well, gives a 'Blair Witch' feel to our piece.

Obviously, I will be editing out the backgrounds when I get to Coleridge to blank white or black, depending on what works best with each shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment