Sunday 1 November 2009

Feedback for Crooks and Bones.

L3 - GROUP 4 (Elliott, Matt & Rob) Film Opening Rough Cut from cmdiploma on Vimeo.



For the feedback task, we had to look at Rob/Elliott/Max's piece, 'Crooks and Bones'.

The strengths I find in this are the camera work, angles, and editing.
The weaknesses however, the fisheye- I find that it was over used, sometimes it worked really well with the flow of the sequence Eg/ in the car, but at other times it just didn't work, Eg/ in the house.

I realise that this group didn't have much time for editing although what they have come up with works great, it just needs a soundtrack and that 'extra shot.'
I'm not too sure where the titles will fit in though.

Their sequence reminds me a lot of something the director Guy Richie would do, in the scene with the beds, cigarette in the ashtray- clock, I think that Richie's fast action movement would work very well, as seen in Snatch, on this scene.

I'm not too sure what the storyline is however, it may just be too complicated for me.
I am however very curious of what their soundtrack is like- I'm not too sure whether it should be fast pace, like a Guy Richie film, or a smooth score, like The Godfather's.

I think once the sequence is completed, it will look professional and hopefully get the marks it deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment