Thursday 17 September 2009

Postcard creation.

Today we were assigned to design and create a postcard for the Creative and Media course using photoshop.

My initial idea was to get a film reel base and just add pictures to it, but because my chosen base was a burnt out one, I decided to make the photos in the frame bright, and very high in contrast and also posterised the images.

The tools I used included; Scale, Rotate, Magic wand, Linear Dodge and Exposure.

My final piece is almost exactly how I imagined it to be, yes I spent ages on Flickr searching for the right images, but in the end I found what I wanted, the only problem was I wanted the film reel to look shaky, so I added another layer of the same background and attempted to make it transparent, unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to do this, so I just left it as it is, but I am still proud of the way it has come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment